7 Money Making Ideas To Get You Paid In The Pandemic
Earn extra cash with these socially distanced side hustles
There are plenty of things you can do to make extra cash during this crazy situation that don’t necessarily involve a specific company and will allow you to build your own schedule—which is great if you have kids and need something more flexible. Grab your entrepreneurial spirit and see if you can get something going with one of these side hustles.
1. TUTOR ONLINE: With so many kids missing school right now, you could offer virtual tutoring services in math, science, English, music, art or whatever your area of expertise is. You could also go through an online tutoring platform like Tutor.com or VIPKid to teach kids all across the country—and the world!
2. FREELANCE WRITING + EDITING: People are reading online content more than ever right now, so look for online platforms that need writers and copy editors. (If you have the skills and know how to use them the right way, then trust me—people need you.)
Now is a great time to investigate different that ways you can make money during your spare time, doing tasks you can start quickly and with little training–
FIND WAYS TO USE YOUR TIME TO MAKE MORE MONEY
3. CLEANING SERVICES: Businesses (or parents) may need some extra help cleaning their space up to appropriate standards. You can reach out to people or business individually, or you can look into joining a cleaning franchise that will get you client leads. Be choosy about which jobs you take, though—your health and safety come first.
4. CHILD MINDING: Now this is a tricky one, because you definitely don’t want to put your health (or anyone else’s) on the line. But there are plenty of parents working in those “essential” jobs who still need someone to watch their kids. Use your best judgment here, and obviously, if you or someone in your family is sick, turn the job down. And if the family has elderly or other at-risk people living with them, don’t put them in harm’s way by coming into their home.
5. WEB + GRAPHIC DESIGN: Anything you can do from home on your computer is obviously a great option right now. People still need websites built and products designed, so offer your services via Kijiji or social media, or go through a site like Fivver.
6. SECURITY: If you have the right training and qualifications, check with local businesses or even hospitals to see if they’re looking to hire extra security people during this crazy season.
7.TAKING SURVEYS: Sites like Survey Junkie or Vindale Research will pay you to take surveys online (how easy is that?). They don’t pay super great, so you might have to take a bunch of them before they add up, but every little bit helps.
We hope this list will get you started with some ideas for making extra money during your unpaid leave or job layoff. I know things are tough right now, but don’t panic. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel, and TRIBE has your back to provide help and encouragement along the way. We’ll get through this together!